Colon Cancer and Prevention
Journal of Pharmacology and Therapeutic Research that publishes original research articles, review articles, and clinical studies focusing on the prevention, diagnosis, and management of Immunoadjuvant Therapies for Sepsis and associated disorders. The journal publishes reviews and papers of international interest describing original research concerned with clinical and experimental aspects of Sepsis.
Colon cancer develops when tumorous growths develop in the large intestine. It is now the third most common type of cancer in the United States. The colon, or large intestine, is where the body draws out water and salt from solid wastes. The waste then moves through the rectum and exits the body through the anus.
Colon cancer is also the third most common cause of cancer-related death in the U.S. In fact, in 2019, the American Cancer Society (ACS) predict that 101,420 people in the U.S. will receive a new diagnosis of colon cancer. Healthcare professionals recommend attending regular screenings for colon cancer from the age of 50 years.Colorectal cancer, which describes co-occurring colon cancer and rectal cancer, is also common. Rectal cancer originates in the rectum, which is the final several inches of the large intestine, closest to the anus.
• Endoscopy: A surgeon may be able to remove some small, localized cancers using this procedure. They will insert a thin, flexible tube with a light and camera attached. It will also have an attachment for removing cancerous tissue.
• Laparoscopic surgery: A surgeon will make several small incisions in the abdomen. This may be an option to remove larger polyps.
• Palliative surgery: The aim of this type of surgery is to relieve symptoms in cases of untreatable or advanced cancers. A surgeon will attempt to relieve any blockage of the colon and manage pain, bleeding, and other symptoms.
There is no guaranteed way to prevent colon cancer. However, some preventive measures include:
• maintaining a healthy weight
• exercising regularly
• consuming plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains
• limiting the intake of saturated fats and red meat
People should also consider limiting their alcohol consumption and quitting smoking.
The journal accepts manuscripts which are related to Pharmacology and therapeutic research. The overall process will take around 21 days under with the editor. After acceptance by the editor, it will be published on the Press page.
Journal of Pharmacology and therapeutic research,